Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby Emily

I can't tell you how excited I am to share these pictures!  This sweet little one comes with quite a story. I met  Emily's mommy about five years ago when I first started my photography business.  Her little family was one of my very first clients.  You can see a few images from way back in 2008 right HERE.  They had one sweet little baby boy then.  My friend Erin has been on quite a journey since then, and one that is quite familiar to me as well.  A long road of infertility, exhilarating news of pregnancies, and then pregnancy loss.  I've been there, I've felt her pain, it hurts. Bad.  It seems like it will never end.  We had planned last summer for me to photographically document her giving birth to her baby girl Lucy.  Lucy went to be with Jesus before she was full term. Erin went through yet another heart break very recently with another pregnancy loss. 

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.  Eph. 3:20


He knows every moment of our lives before we live them.  He knew that baby Emily would need a home at just the right time, and that is exactly what he was preparing my friend Erin for.  He placed Emily into their family, quite unexpectedly, and very very welcomed and adored.  Emily wouldn't be here right now if any part of their story was different.  My own girls talk about that as well, THEY wouldn't be here right now if my other pregnancies had gone full term.  He knows our days, our hours, our minutes. 

Emily is now with her "always and forever" family. 
 Erin and I were almost in tears several times throughout our shoot - she said "all the years I have looked at your newborn images and longed for it to be my baby. I can't believe I'm here, and this is MY baby".  I know that feeling so very well.  My babies are all five years apart, because we lost babies in between. 
 Big brother (who is so very grown up now), is over the moon in love with new Emily. 

 Looking at this new family portrait makes me so happy - it makes me think of the journey they have been on, and how it led to this moment. 
 Quite possibly my favorite sibling pose ever. 





Congratulations "G" family, your story is inspiring, and your family is beautiful. 

2 comments:

Nana said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful children. God's ways are not our ways, but He is always Good. So happy for this family.

Erin Patricia said...

I still can't believe it myself... you are a blessing to our family Heather... thank you doesn't cover it